Queensland Helicopters was established in 1974 with its main base in Mt Isa servicing the mining and pastoral industries. In 1993 Tim Rayner the chief Pilot for Queensland Helicopters took over the company basing the operation in Longreach, hub of the Central West. Queensland Helicopters core business is charter, aerial mustering, tourism and various types of aerial survey work.
Tim Rayner, Chief Pilot, began his flying career in 1990 obtaining his commercial fixed wing and commercial rotary licences. Tim’s flying career expands over 25 years working extensively in the areas of mining, aerial mustering, film and photography work, charter and tourism.
The Robinson R22 helicopter is mainly used for mustering.
- 2 seater. Pilot plus 1 passenger
- Cruise speed – 85 kts
- Endurance – 2.5 hrs
- Range 300 km
The Robinson R44 helicopter is a 4 seater helicopter used for all of our aerial work. The R44 is equipped with Mobil Phone, UHF,VHF Radios, Satellite Phone, GPS, Emergency Beacon and Spidertracks unit which gives the real time position of aircraft. The R44 endurance makes it an excellent choice for any aerial work required.
- 4 seater. Pilot plus 3 passengers
- Cruise speed 100 – 113 kts
- Endurance 3 – 3.5 hrs
- Spidertrack (Live Flight Tracking)
- Range 560 km
The Bell206LE Longranger helicopter is used mainly for survey and photography.
- 7 seater – Pilot plus 6 passengers
- Cruise speed – 105 kts
- Endurance – 3 hrs
- Range – 600 km
All our helicopters are fitted with:
- Moving map GPS navigation
- Spidertracks – GPS live tracking monitored by our base staff
- Quality intercom with Bose blue tooth headsets
- UHF & VHF radios
- Satellite phone
- Emergency locating beacon
- Survival equipment & rations
- Cargo hook for sling loading